The Chancellor’s Research Committee invites you to give your opinion
Monday, November 15, 2021
Dear UNCW Community:
The UNCW Chancellor’s Search Committee held its first meeting on November 1 and we look forward to moving forward with recruiting the strongest candidates for such an important role. We are facing new and exciting times in higher education in general and at UNCW in particular. Next year we will be celebrating our 75th anniversary. Think how far our university has traveled, from 238 students in 1947 to more than 18,000 today!
Your participation and support will be essential to the success of our efforts. We invite you to participate in the process and appreciate your input on the skills and abilities that UNCW seeks in our next Chancellor.
The committee organizes several open forums for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members. We work with the Faculty Senate, Staff Senate, Student Government Association (SGA) and Wilmington Chamber of Commerce to organize forums. Virtual options are also planned. Several dates are listed below and the full schedule is available on the Chancellor research website.
Chancellor Search Forums
- Staff Forum as part of the Senate Staff Meeting – held Wednesday, November 10, 2 p.m.
- Students, faculty, staff and community Virtual Forum – Wednesday November 17th, 6-7 p.m.
- Student Forum at the Lumina Theater – Friday, November 19, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Teachers’ Forum at the Lumina Theater – Friday, November 19, 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- A virtual forum will be scheduled the first week of December – Date and time to be determined (information will be shared later)
- Alumni / Community Forum with the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce – Monday December 6, 6-7 p.m.
- Staff forum as part of the Senate staff meeting – Wednesday December 8, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
If you can’t attend a forum, you can also share your thoughts. via a survey To uncw.edu/chancelier-search or by e-mail [email protected]. Please be aware that responses are subject to NC Public Records law.
Your input will help the search committee create a leadership statement to use when recruiting candidates. The leadership statement will reflect the mission and vision of the university, the charge of UNC system president Peter Hans, your comments and the contributions of the research committee members to the process.
We are all part of a great community at UNCW, and your voices matter to the research committee and to me. Please share your thoughts and opinions as you participate in this important effort. Thank you for your commitment to UNCW and its future.
In the Seahawk spirit,
Gidget Kidd ’91
President, Chancellor’s Search Committee
Chairman, UNCW Board of Trustees