How to Block / Unblock Sites in Safari Using Mac Screen Time Use
This tutorial covers how to block / unblock sites in Safari with the use of Mac screen time. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Block / Unblock Sites in Safari Using Mac Screen Time Use. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Block / Unblock Sites in Safari Using Mac Screen Time Use
The web has the capacity to be both a giveaway and a libel. From a certain point of view, it allows us to do the work that we do and access the wealth of human information. On the other hand, it takes us away from our goals and could make us feel like we are losing our life.
Normally, the topic of restricting access to the web has been in the conversation for the past few decades. How would we block sites that are harmful to our children? What does it mean for a cutting edge work environment to hamper time-wasting sites like Facebook and YouTube? Why do we have to limit ourselves to site blockers to resist temptation and disruption?
Each of these are substantial queries which we’ll explore below, as well as show you the most ideal ways to block sites that seem to be taking your consideration throughout the day.
How to block websites on Mac using screen time
- The Mac Screen Time feature is a recent feature and is available on macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur. If your Mac is older, you won’t be able to use the Screen Time option.
- When using Screen Time, restricting users’ web access, blocking websites can be helpful if you don’t want those who use your Mac to access websites like social media, social media, content for adults, etc. Here is how to block Mac websites.
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner, then select System Preferences to access System Preferences.
- Click Screen Time.
- In the next window, click on the Content & Privacy option located on the left side. In the meantime, if the content and privacy restrictions are disabled, please enable them by clicking “Enable”.
- Now choose the Limit adult websites option and click on customize to automatically block a group of adult websites found in Apple’s database.
- In the Restricted section at the bottom, click the (+) icon.
- Enter the website URL to block or restrict viewing and click OK. However, you can add as many websites as you want. Once done, visit the website by launching Safari browser, you will not be able to access it.
- Finally click OK once more.
Unblock websites on Mac using Screen Time
- Click the Apple logo> System Preferences> Screen Time.
- Click Content and Privacy.
- Now choose the Limit Adult Websites option and click on Customize.
- Click the blocked site in the Restricted section at the bottom, click the (-) icon to unblock.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Block a website using the terminal
- In the meantime, if you are using an older version of Mac like macOS Mojave or earlier, it is best to block certain websites on your Mac using the Terminal app.
- Open the terminal. You can find the Terminal app using Spotlight.
- Type the command line below and press Enter:
- Enter the administrator password.
- Once you enter the password correctly, Terminal will open the hosts file.
- Create a new row by pressing the up or down arrow button, then enter the IP address “127.0.0.1” + “Space” + “URL or website address”. And enter another URL or website address by following the same steps.
- When you have made the list of sites or URLs, you can save the hosts file by pressing Ctrl + O and then press the Return button. Finally, press Ctrl + X to exit the screen.
Final words: How to block / unblock sites in Safari using Mac screen time
hope you will understand this item How to Block / Unblock Sites in Safari Using Mac Screen Time Use, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.