How to block sites on iPhone and iPad
This tutorial covers How to Block Sites on iPhone and iPad. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to block sites on iPhone and iPad. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to block sites on iPhone and iPad
By blocking certain websites, you have more control over what content your kids can access on their iPhones. In fact, iOS has a feature that blocks adult content, and you can manually paste the URLs of any website you want to disable. The ability to block illegal content on iPhone is widely used with children and is a useful new tool. Before giving your kids an iPhone or iPad, there are a few things to keep in mind.
For example, your kids might abuse their iOS device and access inappropriate websites behind their backs. So you need to block websites on iPhone first. Fortunately, there are many ways to block certain websites on iPhone. You can also use native functions or any other third party tool.
Block websites on iPhone and iPad
FamiSafe iOS Parental Controls
FamiSafe is an advanced parental control and monitoring tool that can help you track your child’s smartphone activity. You can also set restrictions on the device. If the target device is an Android, you can even set restrictions and block any app remotely. However, you will need to access it first. If you are using FamiSafe on an iOS device, you can monitor the device usage without even accessing it once. Moreover, there is no need to jailbreak the device or go through any unwanted process. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- To get started, go to the App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on parents and kids’ cellphones.
- Register a FamiSafe account in the app. You can register on your phone or on your child’s phone. The same account applies to both devices.
- Make certain settings on the phones of children and parents.
- Connect and control kid’s phones from parent’s phones using Famisafe. FamiSafe is the most reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control, etc. You can start your test now!
- Now you can visit FamiSafe dashboard remotely from any computer or smartphone. From the control panel, you can access all of its functions. For example, you can also get a detailed view of your device’s browsing history. Also, you can block your access to any website from here.
Enable restrictions on iPhone / iPad
If you don’t want to use any third-party app to block certain websites on iPhone or iPad, you can use its native functionality. To add restrictions on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Unlock the iOS device and go to Settings> General> Restrictions.
- Tap “Enable Restrictions” and set a 4-digit PIN code to protect the restricted content.
- Under Restrictions, you can find different options. Tap “Websites” to block websites on iPhone or iPad.
- From there, you can limit any content (eg, Limit Adults) to automatically block certain (adult) websites from your iOS device.
- Also, you can manually add the websites you want to block. In the “Never allow” section, you can add the website URL to block it.
If you are looking for a simple, free, and easy to use solution to block websites on iPhone, you should give Refrain a try. This is a third-party iOS app that can easily block provided website URLs from the phone. However, it comes with a catch. Even after blocking some websites on iOS device with Chorus, your kids can just uninstall the app and bypass the restrictions. However, if you can monitor them then you should use this app to block sites on iPhone safely.
- Unlock your device and go to the App Store to download Chorus. It is compatible with all devices running iOS 10.0 and later.
- Once the application is installed, launch it. Tap on the âList of distracting sitesâ option.
- Here you can just add the websites you want to block. To block sites on iPhone, just save your changes.
- If you want to set a blocking schedule, you can access the “Extras” option. However, you will have to shell out $ 0.99 to access the additional features.
This third-party iOS app lives up to its name. You can just include the websites you want to block with this easy to use app. When you block certain websites in the app, the user will not be able to access them in Safari. However, just like Refrain, your kids can remove the restrictions by uninstalling the faucet. However, you can block websites on iPhone using Site Blocker in no time.
- First, visit the App Store and download Site Blocker on your device. Available for free, it is compatible with all iOS devices running iOS 10.3 and later.
- Now you just need to provide the URLs of the website you want to block and add them to the block list.
- You can go to its settings to access its advanced features. For example, you can set a schedule or timer for blocking websites.
Block websites from router / network settings
If nothing else seems to work, you can also block some websites from your network or router settings. However, the restriction would only work when the device is connected to the Wifi network. They can still access blocked websites using mobile data. In addition, websites would be blocked on all devices connected to the network.
However, this is a free solution to block sites on iPhones. From Netgear to Cisco and from D-Link to TP-Link, every router offers a perfect way to block certain websites. You can simply visit the router settings using your credentials. Later, you can provide the website URLs (and keywords) you want to block.
Final words: How to block sites on iPhone and iPad
hope you will understand this item How to block sites on iPhone and iPad, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.