Camas-Washougal candidates sought for the Citizen’s Advisory Committee on PDX noise
Clark County is seeking candidates from the Camas-Washougal area for the Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee (PDX CNAC). The county has a committee nomination of 15 members.
The term of office begins on January 1, 2022 and expires on January 1, 2025.
This committee is responsible for:
- Act on behalf of local jurisdictions as the official forum to address community PDX aircraft noise issues;
- Monitor and provide feedback on the implementation of the current PDX noise compatibility plan;
- Review aircraft noise issues and provide advice on troubleshooting and follow-up actions;
- Develop ideas and recommend proposals to be taken into account in future airport noise plans;
- Participate in advisory committees involved in long-term airport facilities and capital improvement planning;
- Improve residents’ understanding of aircraft noise management through the work of the CNAC as a whole; and
- Periodically brief the Portland Harbor Board of Commissioners and other nominating jurisdictions on the committee’s work.
The committee usually meets from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of every odd month at Portland International Airport. Meetings are currently being held virtually.
Given the technical nature of noise, a nominated volunteer is not expected to be an expert on the subject. Port of Portland staff will take whatever steps are necessary to onboard new committee members and help them prepare to participate. CNAC appointments are invited to report regularly to their appointing jurisdiction on the committee’s work.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to Michelle Pfenning, Clark County Manager’s Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or email [email protected]
The deadline for applications is Friday January 14, 2022 at 5 p.m.